Paw Palooza…that’s a wrap!
Paw Palooza 2017 is in the books and it was everything we hoped for and more! Most importantly, we’re thrilled to announce that we will be making a donation of $40,000 to our local animal shelters! That’s right, $40,000! With your help, we were able to raise enough dough to donate a whopping $20,000 each to the Animal Rescue League of Boston’s Brewster shelter and the MSPCA shelter in Centerville. These two organizations provide a vital role in giving care and shelter to the Cape’s homeless animals. These funds will help them care for even more animals who need it. Thank you!
And if you need any additional proof that Cape Cod is a huge dog loving community and that Cape Codders are serious about supporting their local animal shelters, consider these fun facts:
- More than 10,000 of you attended over the course of the weekend…along with several hundred dogs.
- The raffle tent alone, combined with the 50/50 raffle, raised more than $8,500.
- The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod helped dogs make more than 400 pieces of art at the “Pupcasso Art Making Activity”.
- 167 pups were given Doggie Blueberry Facial spa treatments
- 300 ‘Sweet Spot’ Doggie Frozen Yogurts were consumed
- 47 dogs were pampered with massages given by Sea Change Equine and Canine Massage – sponsored by the pet-friendly Inn at Swan River
- The longest jump at the pool measured in at 23 feet, 8 inches by a lanky, Great Pyrenees/Husky mix named Sinjin.
- The fastest speed clocked at the Radar Run was 26 miles by a lightning-fast Golden Doodle.
- T-shirts and Paw Palooza merchandise are still available for sale at Agway of Dennis – all net proceeds benefit the animal shelters!
The Agway of Cape Cod Charitable Foundation was established with the goal of raising funds for local, non-profits in our Cape Cod community. The entire Agway family is extremely grateful to all of you who helped contribute to Paw Palooza’s fundraising success – the attendees, the sponsors and vendors, the competitors, the Town of Yarmouth, Dennis Yarmouth High School, and all of the volunteers and Agway employees who helped make the weekend a reality.
We invite you to take a look at the full photo gallery online and to share your photos from Paw Palooza on Social Media using the hashtag #SeeDogsFly.
On behalf of everyone at Agway of Cape Cod, thank you and see you next July! Woof!
P.S. Save the date friends and furry ones…Paw Palooza 2018 is on the calendar for July 14 and 15. And there will be even more tail waggin’ fun because we’ve got a few surprises up our sleeves!